Sold Out Event
Missed it? Browse live shows now!Find Events
Cayman Honey Beekeeping Adventure
Explore Grand Cayman’s inner beauty and discover a tropical honey oasis. We invite you to join us in our secret apiary for a journey through a landscape less traveled and discover a realm few have experienced. Led by a professional beekeeper, a tour of the Reagan’s honey apiary awaits. While getting a first-hand education on the bees, you will also participate in actual beekeeping activities such as honey harvesting, hive expansion, queen rearing and apiary design. After a rewarding trip to the apiary, the tour concludes with refreshing beverages and your own buzzing tale to tell when you return home.
- 2 hours (approx)
- Good To Know
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Where does the apiary tour start?
- Meeting locations are confirmed at least 24 hours prior to your tour date. Groups of 3 or more are eligible for pick-up and drop-off.
- How long is the apiary tour?
- Tours are approximately 2 hours long.
- What is the minimum age for the apiary tour?
- Participants must be at least 13 years of age. Persons 13-17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- What is the maximum number of persons allowed on the apiary tour?
- We limit the tour size to 4 persons in order to provide an intimate and enriched experience. Private tours of larger groups may be arranged.
- How should I dress for the apiary tour?
- Comfortable light clothing, closed to
- Will I get stung?
- It’s highly unlikely. While our bee suits provide outstanding protection, we cannot guarantee that they are sting proof. Our bee suits offer triple layer ventilated protection, which prevents bees from reaching you with their stinger. You win and the bees are saved! – Honey bees die after they sting.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- How Does It Work
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- What Should I Expect
- The adventure begins with a quick jaunt out to our apiary, nestled on the edge of Grand Cayman’s mangrove wetlands. After a brief apiary orientation, you will then don a full beekeeper suit and standard issued apiary gear. The journey continues with a tour of the apiary and surrounding tropical woodland. Every tour offers opportunities for up close wildlife encounters, including native birds, water fowl, iguanas and agouti that inhabit the tropical woodland forests of Grand Cayman. Your professional guide will then lead you through a real inspection of an active beehive. You will get the opportunity to look for the elusive queen bee, spot emerging baby bees, and observe the mysterious inner workings of a living beehive. Before closing the hives you’ll get your own taste of local Cayman honey to take with you!
• Minimum 2 persons per reservation
• Maximum 4 persons per reservation
• Must be at least 13 years old to participate
• Tour is approximately 2 hours in length
• Includes tour of the apiary and beehive inspection
• Your own sample jar of honey straight from the hive
• Meeting location is confirmed upon reservation
• Pick-Up and Drop-Off included for parties of 3 or more
• Recommended attire: T-shirt and shorts or swimwear. Closed toe shoes. No sandals or flip flops
• Full professional bee suit provided for total safety. Suits are ventilated for comfort
• All participants must sign a release waiver prior to the tour
- What's Included
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Bottled water
- The listed price does not include costs associated with transportation to designated meeting location for tour pick-up.
- See Availability
- Where Do I Go
Chime Street, Chime St, Savannah, Cayman Islands
Returns to original departure point