Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations Full-Day Tour from New Orleans tickets
Sold Out Event
Missed it? Browse live shows now!Find Events
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations Full-Day Tour from New Orleans
A grand mélange presentation of Cajun and Creole cultures starting with a boat tour of the cypress swamps. Enjoy a traditional lunch at one of the oldest Plantations in the south, Oak Alley Plantation, followed by a guided tour of this grand mansion. Later in the afternoon visit Laura, a Creole Plantation and her historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The small-group atmosphere with maximum 13 people ensures a more personal experience.
- Cancellation Policy
- This event can be cancelled up to 4 days (96 hours) before the date.
- 9 hours (approx)
- Good To Know
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking in the special requirements field
- Tour operates in all weather conditions. Umbrellas and rain ponchos are available for use if guests forget their own. If a tour cannot operate due to inclement weather you will be notified
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to the nature of the airboat, children under the age of 5, pregnant women, people with back or neck issues or recent surgeries are not allowed to participate in the airboat portion of the tour.
- Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- How Does It Work
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- What Should I Expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Bayou Segnette State Park, 7777 Westbank Expy, Westwego, LA 70094-4166
You'll start your day driving out to Cajun Country, where you'll go through wild cypress swamps, over the Mississippi River on an impressive suspended bridge, and along vast sugarcane fields, as the guide tells a unique story of the odyssey of the Cajun people.
Next you'll take a narrated boat tour (about 1.5 hours) on winding bayous in remote cypress swamps. Your Cajun guide, also an alligator hunter and fur trapper, will share his knowledge of the swamp including reptile habits, healing plants and exotic birds. After this peaceful ride, explore his picturesque swamp zoo on Bayou Boeuf. Upgrade to the High-Speed Airboat option instead of the swamp boat, to experience a thrilling ride as you comfortably glide over marshes and into deep, secluded bayous.
Stop At: Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
Next visit Laura, a Creole Plantation and her historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
A delicious lunch is included at Oak Alley Plantation's Cajun restaurant with a chance to experience traditional cuisine of this region. After lunch be prepared for a pilgrimage back in time. From the River Road you will see and hear all about Whitney, Josephine, and Evergreen Plantations. A guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation to admire this jewel of Greek Revival architecture. Free time to walk under a spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks.
Duration: 3 hours
- What's Included
- Transport by 14-passenger air-conditioned high roof van with guide giving live narration
- Narrated swamp pontoon covered boat or fast and fun airboat tour
- Cajun Lunch at Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Hotel pickup with exact pickup time provided
- Entry/Admission - Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Where Do I Go
Traveler pickup is offered
Must be centrally located, contact local supplier to confirm pick up point. Supplier will contact you to give an exact pick up time the day before your tour.